Hap Seng Trucks Distribution Sdn. Bhd. (“HSTD”) respects the privacy of individuals and their Personal Data. This Policy describes the ways in which HSTD collects, handles and processes your personal data (which would include information that identifies you as an individual, such as your name, postal address, e-mail address or telephone number)(“Personal Data”) in instances when you are asked to submit personal information about yourself when using Our Websites or when your Personal Data may be collected during your visits to Our Websites.
Unless otherwise specifically noted, this Policy applies only to Our Websites and does not apply to personal information collected from you offline, or to any third party websites other than Our Websites.
Please read this Policy before using or submitting personal information to us through, Our Websites.
A. INFORMATION COLLECTED
1. The Personal Data about you which we may collect includes but is not limited to:-
- a. information we collect when you fill in or update your information with us, which may include personal data furnished when filling in inquiry forms and other like online forms, provided through Our Websites;
- b. information collected through your participation in forums, surveys, contests and/or any interactive platform(s) or when you respond to communications from Our Websites;
- c. information which is automatically collected through your use of Our Websites. When you request pages from Our Websites’ server(s), it automatically collects some information about your preferences, including your IP address. HSTD uses this information to administer and to help diagnose problems with Our Websites and the server(s), and for the purposes set out in Section C below; and,
- d. any messages, comments or queries you submit to us in whatever manner.
2. Non-Personally Identifiable Information
- The HSTD automatically collects aggregate and demographic information about the use of the Our Websites, including which pages are most frequently visited, how many visitors are received daily, how long visitors stay on each page, your preferences, and other similar sites based on your browsing (click stream) activities. This helps HSTD to provide you with a more enjoyable, customised service and experience in the future.
1. Non-Personally Identifiable Information
- Wherever used in this Policy, “Authorised Third Party” means any outside vendor, agent, contractor, service provider, consultant and/or advisor located within or outside Malaysia who provide administrative, computer, payment and/or other services to HSTD in connection with the operations of their businesses, with whom Personal Data may be shared for the limited purpose of enabling the Authorised Third Party to perform the particular services on behalf of HSTD.
C. PURPOSE OF COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
1. By providing your Personal Data to HSTD, you consent to the use of Personal Data collected by us or our Authorised Third Party in the manner set out in this Policy for the following purposes or reasons:
- a. To enable you to be provided with services, products, facilities or benefits offered by HSTD;
- b. To enable HSTD to provide you with information about special offers, upcoming events and promotions ;
- c. To process your applications to transact with HSTD;
- d. To communicate with you, including to respond to any of your queries and/or requests;
- e. To notify you of any changes to our products, goods, facilities and/or services and to improve our customer service by dispensing product information, product updates and other related information;
- f. To conduct research, surveys and trend analysis on various matters such as planning, product, goods, services, security and testing;
- g. To perform statistical analysis for various objectives;
- h. For purposes connected with the operation, administration, development or enhancement of HSTD’s business, including for the purposes of which is relevant to support and/or assist in HSTD’s business;
- i. Where HSTD considers that such use or disclosure of Personal Data is necessary to protect its interests, to respond to any claims or legal process, or where HSTD suspects that fraud or unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in;
- j. Where a third party acquires or wishes to acquire, or makes inquiries in relation to acquiring, an interest in HSTD;
- k. Where you have provided Personal Data for purposes of applying for employment, to determine your suitability for a position with HSTD;
- l. To implement and maintain our information technology systems, including to store and process data, including Personal Data, in computer databases and servers located within and outside Malaysia;
- m. Use in publications and publicity materials concerning HSTD;
- n. To protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorised transactions;
- o. To transfer Personal Data to any parties located in other jurisdictions outside Malaysia, where necessary; and/or
- p. Satisfying security, health and safety concerns.
Where HSTD has chosen to engage Authorised Third Party, we have embarked on a process to obtain the necessary contractual undertakings from them which includes obtaining sufficient guarantees in respect of technological and organisational security measures governing their processing of such data.
Should you wish to limit the processing of your Personal Data in relation to any of the above Purposes, or any other purpose, you may communicate your wishes to us through contacting our Personal Data Protection Officer, as provided in Section F below.
Please note that in the event that sufficient Personal Data is not supplied, or is found not satisfactory to HSTD, this may:
- q. affect our ability to process any application or request which you make to us; and/or,
- r. affect our ability to provide the full range of benefits and/or services which we are capable of offering to you.
D. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
1. For the Purposes as described above, amongst others to facilitate the provision of the various products, goods, facilities and/or services to you, HSTD may share with and/or disclose your Personal Data to:-
- a. entities within HSTD;
- b. its Authorised Third Party; and
Personal Data of job applicants may be shared with third parties, for example, the applicant’s current or previous employers and credit reference agencies, to verify or obtain additional information about the applicant. HSTD may also share your Personal Data where required by law or where disclosure is necessary to comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or queries from the relevant authorities.
E. RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
1. Any Personal Data we collect will be retained by HSTD only for as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes for which the information was collected in line with our internal retention policies/guidelines, or as required to satisfy legal regulatory, taxation and/or accounting requirements, or to protect HSTD’s interests.
2. Personal Data of unsuccessful job applicants may be retained to be considered for future job opportunities within HSTD.
F. PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
2. HSTD reserves the right to charge you a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
1. We strive to provide a safe and secure user experience for users of Our Websites. When browsing Our Websites, there may be automatic collection of some information about your browsing history and your general location, and referring website through cookies. Cookies are small text files that are transferred to your computer's hard disk by a website.
2. By browsing Our Websites and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of your indirect personal information (through cookies) in the manner set out in this Policy.
3. Cookies used in Our Websites and information retrieved from such cookies are used in line with the purposes set out in Paragraph B above and more specifically:-
- a. to generate cookies to enable them to recognise your future visit;
- b. to monitor traffic;
- c. to track information such as the frequency and duration of your use of Our Website, your preferred sites, and help us to determine whether you came to Our Website from a particular internet link or banner advertisement;
- d. to keep the website users’ browser intact and track users on the same server;
- e. to estimate the volume of usage and the number of visitors to Our Websites;
- f. to analyse the profile of the Our Websites’ visitors; and;
- g. to personalise the content, banners and promotions that you will see on Our Website.
5. You can also choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. This may however limit your use of certain features on the website.
6. Most cookies are "session cookies," meaning that they are automatically deleted from your computer's hard drive at the end of a session. As a visitor to Our Websites, you may always choose not to allow the tracking and collection of information about your browsing activity by deleting the cookie file at the end of each of your browsing activity on Our Websites.
HSTD has no access to or control over third-party cookies and they are not subject to HSTD’s Policy.